Reading has a vibrant community of freelancers, small enterprises and people like me who spend a fair amount of time working from coffee shops and the like. I thought it would be a good idea to record my experiences in working from the various places in Reading and producing a score for each. Obviously these metrics are entirely subjective and this is a snapshot of my opinion on the day I happened to rate the establishment – it may have improved, declined or closed since.
For more information on how each venue is scored, check out the scoring metrics.
Here are the latest scores ordered best to worst. Each venue is marked with scores in the following order: Lighting, Power, WiFi, Chairs, Tables, Food & Drink, Coffee, Noise, Welcome, Ambiance, Availability.
- 34/44 – Global Cafe: 3,3,3,2,4,3,3,3,4,3,3
- 32/44 – The Oakford Social Club: 3,3,2,4,3,3,2,3,3,3,3
- 31/44 – Bills: 3,3,2,4,2,3,3,3,3,2
- 30/44 – Ivory Lounge: 3,3,3,2,3,3,2,3,3,2,3
- 29/44 – Picnic: 2,2,2,2,2,3,4,3,3,3,3
- 29/44 – The Lyndhurst: 2,3,2,3,2,3,2,3,3,3,3
- 28/44 – Zero Degrees: 1,3,1,4,3,3,2,3,3,2,3
- 27/44 – Chan Cham: 3,1,0,3,2,3,2,4,3,3
- 26/44 – Workhouse Coffee (coffee corner): 3,3,0,1,3,3,3,3,2,2,3
- 26/44 – Starbucks (coffee corner): 3,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2
I’ll be sure to blog about new experiences and update this list. Please leave a comment if there’s somewhere you think I should try.